Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Blog

Like I need something else to do. Looking through old newspapers of Clinton county, New York, I found some wonderful advertisements, news stories and movie theater ads. So, rather than talk about them, I'll just share them, perhaps with a link to imdb.com's site.

The newspapers are from Plattsburgh, New York and are courtesy of the Northern New York Library Network (news.nnyln.net).

Nothing fancy about how I extract them. I scroll, generally at random, until I find the movie listings in a newspaper. Sometimes page 3, sometimes page 2. Then, I save the .pdf file to my laptop. I open it up using Foxit Reader and use the snapshot tool to copy the ad to the clipboard.

Then I open up Paint.NET, import the data to a new image, look it over quickly and save as a .jpg.

Then post. So, nothing radical, but a fun look back at the movies that played in the Plattsburgh area.

Not all movie ads will come from the Strand, but most will.

No comments: